How to Bid in an Auction
To place a bid on the Aucto marketplace using your Desktop device, follow the instructions below. To bid using your mobile device, please see this article: How to Place a Bid on Aucto on a Mobile Device
The process to bid is simple. You'll start by registering for the auction and once you've registered you'll be able to place your bid. Let's go through the steps together...
To register for an auction, simply follow the steps below:
- Login to your Aucto account: https://www.aucto.com/dashboard
- Navigate to the auction you'd like to bid in: https://www.aucto.com/sales
- Click the blue Start Bidding button and follow the prompts to register for the auction.
- This will include accepting the Seller's Terms of Sale, and it's important that you read these carefully since the terms are binding.
- Once your registration is complete, you can begin bidding!
Once registered, to place a bid, simply follow the steps below:
- Click the blue button labeled BID USD XXX.XX as shown in the photo above.
- Once clicked, the system will show you what your total bid amount would be, including the Aucto Buyer's Premium.
- Click the Place Bid button to place your bid.
There are three different types of bids on the Aucto marketplace: max bid, quick bid, and buy it now.
- Max bid allows you to set a maximum possible bid on a lot.
- Once set, the system will automatically place a bid on your behalf in the increment set by the auction, up until your Max bid is reached.
Quick Bid is the simplest and most common bid type where one click is one bid. Once a bid is placed, the system automatically suggests the next bid based on the bidding increments. Bidding increments vary depending on the auction, but common increment amounts you'll see on the Aucto marketplace are $25, $50, $100, or $1000.
Buy It Now
- For some auctions, Sellers may set what's called Buy It Now prices.
- When you click and follow the prompts for Buy It Now, you bypass the bidding process and purchase the lot outright.
- After clicking the buy it now button you will see the pop-up in the image below. Once you click the blue Buy It Now button from the pop-up, you'll receive confirmation that you successfully purchased the lot and that lot will display as "Sold" in the auction.
As you are bidding on items in the auction, you can easily track what items you are winning and which you're being outbid on. This information is in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen during an auction, or next to the current bid on lots you have bid on. If you are winning a lot you will see the following green Winning tag with the thumbs up. If you've been outbid, the tag will be red and will read "Outbid."
Once the auction ends, the lots will begin to close and you'll see their countdown clock on the lot. If a bid is placed during this closing countdown, the countdown will automatically be extended by 1-3 minutes depending on the auction. This will continue until there are no more additional bids.